March 7, 2012
Metro Regional Center (600 NE Grand Avenue, Portland)
- 12:00 Member Introductions……….All
- 12:10 Speaker Introduction………..Ken Ray – Metro Sr. Public Affairs Coordinator
- 12:15 Speaker………………………….Jim Middaugh, Metro Communications Director
Insights into Metro’s innovative communications tools as a regional government followed by a discussion of ideas for how public sector organizations can better engage and build trust with the public through their communications efforts.
Jim Middaugh Biography
Jim came to Metro in 2008 with more than 20 years of experience in policy, public affairs, strategic planning, communications, media relations and stakeholder relations. Under Jim’s leadership, Metro initiated its online newsfeed, hired an in-house news reporter to cover Metro’s activities, and launched Opt In, an online tool to engage a broader and more diverse range of citizens across the region on important and timely topics. Jim will share the insights Metro has gained from the implementation of these tools and discuss challenges that lie ahead.
Central Oregon ELGL
ELGL will be hosting the first Central Oregon luncheon on March 14th. The agenda includes an overview of the ELGL Network, discussion of goals related to expansion in Central Oregon, brainstorming ideas for future ELGL events, and time to get to know each other. This luncheon will be held at the Bend Metro Parks & Recreation building located at 799 SW Columbia Street in Bend. A special thanks to Robyn Christie and Justin Cutler for putting this meeting together.
Upcoming ELGL Events
- March 14 Central Oregon ELGL Meeting
- April 11 Mike Golub, Portland Timber Chief Operation Officer
- April 26 First 90 Days with Marty Wine, Bryan Cosgrove, Michael Brown
- May 2 Patrick Quinton, PDC Executive Director
- May 17 Barbara Baker, Umpqua Bank VP Cultural Enhancement
- May 18 Governor Christine Gregoire
- June 13 Dr. Tom Potiowsky, former State Economist
- July 12 Barbara Roberts, former governor of Oregon
- August 1 Sean Robbins, Greater Portland Inc.
- August 15 Bruce Goldberg, Oregon Health Authority Director
- September 19 Clackamas County Administrators, Steve Wheeler, Nancy Newton, Laurel Butman
- October 11 Amanda Marshall, US Attorney for Oregon
- October 31 Adam Davis, DHM Research