It’s Mount Rushmore season for ELGL members. We’re asking for your top four list on a variety of topics.
AmeriCorps VISTA working in Albion, Michigan
- Albion’s Historic Bohm Theatre – An amazing example of community collaboration and resilience, received prestigious Governor’s Award for Historic Preservation, and has quite the interesting history.
- Festival of the Forks – An annual festival to celebrate Albion’s prime location at the fork of the Kalamazoo River and includes lots of great food, music, a car show, parade and much more.
- Albion’s Downtown – Our main street will finish up a huge rebricking project here shortly, which is a big step in our efforts to revitalize the downtown area. It’s an exciting time to be in Albion!
- The people – Albion is a diverse, small town community in Michigan with a lot of heart. Getting to know Albion residents has been on the greatest gifts of my year of service as an AmeriCorps VISTA.
- Almond Joy
- Kit Kat
- 100 Grand
- Jane Jacobs
- Matthew Desmond
- Barack Obama
- Lin-Manuel Miranda
- Good Will Hunting
- The Grand Budapest Hotel
- Live in a big city.
- Earn a graduate degree.
- Own a dog.
- Make a positive impact in Albion and other communities I work in throughout my life.
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.