What better way to learn about a new ELGL member than a series of extremely personal questions that may or may not be work related. That is our goal in the New Sensation feature. Whether it is learning about a person’s top accomplishments in the last 24 hours or learning about the inside of their car, you learn more here than any icebreaker that you’ve been a part of.
Director of Member Services at Mediate.com
Work Experience: MARKET DEVELOPMENT MANAGER, BDS Marketing and ENTERPRISE & TERRITORY ACCOUNT MANAGER, Cadence Design Systems / OrCAD
Education: University of Oregon, M.A., in Conflict and Dispute Resolution (CRES), UO School of Law – (Expected) and Willamette University, B.A., in Global Politics
Three projects that you are working on.
- Finalizing my M.A. thesis on ODR (On-line Dispute Resolution) and how facilitative and transformational methodologies can be integrated into CRM and other on-line/social applications for the benefit of both public and private wards. Collaboration is not emblematic to the absence of conflict. In fact, collaborative venues often feed conflict leading to gridlock, inefficiency, and sometimes violence. I assert that the largest area today for both monetary and social capital ROI is the institutionalization of conflict resolution/conflict management practices for both public and private domains.
- Top Secret initiatives for Mediate.com, NDA required.
- Fixing wife’s lounge chair that I quashed/sat through.
- Firmly decided against flip-flops for “Business Casual”
- Beginning outline of my 3 point plan for a 2022 Gubernatorial run
Your longest public meeting.
Does graduate school count?
Songs on your iPod’s Recently Played list.
Mostly podcasts, but a few good Rodgers and Hammerstein tunes and some random screamo bands.
There’s always “Free Cheese” in a mouse trap
Perhaps, in the context that “serving is leadership”
Worst movie you’ve ever seen.
Kevin Reynold’s “Waterworld” (1995) or Manoj Shyamalan’s “The Happening” (2008). ~ A combined 4 hours of my life I want back.
Three defining news events of your lifetime.
- Fall of the Berlin Wall
- OSX 10.6
(Complete the sentence) I know this makes me sound old but…. I actually like listing to elevator music, (face palm).
Last time you checked your cell phone.
You caught me!
Describe the inside of your car.
Song(s) that remind you of summer. “Summertime”, Porgy and Bess (1935)
(Complete the sentence) In 2018, local government will be….in tune with the needs of its constituencies by delivering equitable solutions today and a united vision for tomorrow.”
Wiki: The meaning of life is a philosophical question concerning the significance of life or existence in general. It can also be expressed in different forms, such as “Why are we here?”, “What is life all about?”, and “What is the purpose of existence?” It has been the subject of much philosophical, scientific, and theological speculation throughout history.
Finally, what question(s) should I have asked?
You asked it!
Previous Profiles: New Sensation
I’m the co-founder and executive director of ELGL. I love my job. Other things I love: local government, my family, my dog Michael Jordan, sandwiches, naps, books, and skee-ball.