We’re back with the new “New Sensation” feature. We’ve updated the questions based on your feedback. You’ll now learn about the best YouTube videos on the web, read about gift ideas for the holiday season, and learn about the career accomplishments of our new members. As a reminder, we developed this feature to introduce you to new ELGL members and as a way on connecting ELGL members with similar interests.
Coppell (TX) Senior Human Resource Advisor
Education: Southern Methodist University, Bachelor of Arts
Experience: Intern, City of Coppell
Tell us about three of your biggest accomplishments.
- Receiving my BA from Southern Methodist University and my Masters in Public Administration by the age of 24
- Going from an Intern to a Sr. Human Resource Advisor with the same organization as my first professional venture.
- My family
(Complete this sentence) I feel old when I……..try to still play Rugby.
Tell us about two mistakes that you’ve made that we can learn from.
- Delegate!!! You cannot do it all
- After working on spreadsheets for more than 4 hours, get a second pair of eyes to help you out…..cells do get missed
Give us three of your favorite YouTube videos.
Pharrell Williams – Happy (Official Music Video)
Texas Rangers Win the 2010 A.L. Pennant. Eric Nadel calls the final pitch.
As part of being an ELGL member, we give you a chance to redo or change any part of your life. How would you use it? (Note: My life is perfect, I am perfect, I would never change anything is not an acceptable response.)
One philosophy I have always lived by is to use your life experiences to learn and develop as one progressively gets older. As I have made mistakes in the past I have never let them define me but always challenged myself to try and grow into a better person because of those mishaps. So to redo or change a portion of my life that might determine who I am one day would be something I would have to pass on in hopes of becoming something greater down the line.
Our annual conference will be held in October 2014. Name three topics or speakers that should be included on the conference agenda.
- Paths to Upper Management, stories or examples of how they got there
- What’s new for 2015
- Developing a peer support group
(Complete these phrases) Best thing about the….
- 80’s was……. Fuzzy (was just born)
- 90’s was…… Great (Big Cowboys Fan)
- 00’s was….. a learning curve (Graduating high school and college years)
- Last year was….. a great year
- Today is… a great day
Name three of your mentors and describe them in five words.
- Father: honest, role model, hard working
- Former AD of Human Resources, Donna Jenkins: passionate, caring, optimistic, straight forward
- Uncle: over achiever, dedicated, family values
What’s your least favorite thing about humanity? Glass half empty mentality
How can ELGL best contribute to the public sector?
Develop a network of upward achieving/dedicated individuals to better serve our communities
Spring break or spring training? Which is better?
Spring Training!!! Big Rangers fan
Fast forward one year, what will factor into your decision on whether to renew your ELGL membership
Value I receive from this group
Give us two ideas for attracting and retaining talented individuals to the public sector.
- Opportunity for advancement/mentorship
- Ability to grow and create new ways of making the organization better as a whole
What questions should we have asked?
Pretty sure this covered them all
What one question you have about ELGL?
What are you looking for out of me?