This event originally occurred on January 26, 2021.
About the Event:
Calling all finance teams! Join us for an interactive discussion about GASB 87 and learn how local governments are making quick work of this significant standard change.
- Chris Kessler, CPA, Principal, State and Local Government at Clifton Larson Allen
- Kasey Harris, CPA, CFE, Head of Accounting Services at DebtBook
- Tyler Traudt, Founder/CEO of DebtBook
Kasey, Chris and Tyler will map out a plan of action and discuss time saving techniques being used by local government finance teams all over the Country. We will review an easy to follow timeline and cover each of the key parts, including:
- Getting started
- Lease collection and organization
- Data extraction
- Initial schedule creation
- Internal review
- Journal entries
- External review
- Note disclosures
- Ongoing compliance