Rebecca Lovell from Startup Seattle shared some great lessons and insights during her webinar on how Seattle has gone “all in” on the technology startup sector of their economy. Attendees learned how Rebecca has worked to engage high school students, minorities and women in the technology startup scene. She’s also acted as a matchmaker, coach and therapist for entrepreneurs in the city, giving her a unique perspective on what those people are looking for from their city government.
Ms. Lovell has been kind enough to share her PowerPoint and several links to her youth engagement efforts below. If you have any questions or would like to continue the conversation started in the webinar you can email Rebecca at [email protected].
Startup Seattle’s Youth Engagement Efforts:
- Tech Tour: Umoja Peace Center interns meet Moz
- Tech Tour: Rhapsody and rock
- Tech Tour: DawgBytes reunion at Zillow!
- Hack the CD: History-making hackathon and neighborhood jam session!
- Hack the CD Coding Bootcamp
- Ahoy, Raspberry Pyrates: Coding camp for girls
- Let it code: Mayor Murray visits Garfield High School for Hour of Code
Word on the Street