Today is International #CityHallSelfie Day! Here’s some background on this momentous day for local governments around the world:
- Route 50 – Why Local Governments Are Taking CityHall Selfies
- Kansas City Star Article – “It’s #CityHallSelfie day, so you can officially have fun with that“
- KTAR News: Phoenix to be a part of national event called ‘City Hall Selfie Day’ on Monday
- Texarkana Gazette: Texas-side officials hope folks take part in City Hall Selfie Day
- ICMA Knowledge Network: Increasing Citizen Engagement with #CityHallSelfie Day and 3 More Engaging Ideas
- Origin of #CityHallSelfie Day
- Tips for the Perfect #CityHallSelfie
- CityHallSelfie Trophy Categories
- #1 in ’14: Birth of the #CityHallSelfie
- Pictures of #CityHallSelfies – Facebook and Pinterest
- The VERY Latest on #CityHallSelfie Day – Twitter
Monday, August 15
Maxxin’ Out #CityHallSelfie Facebook Album at 999 Photos
Do Ghosts Take #CityHallSelfies?
Check out this otherworldly submission from City of Colma, CA employees – they note that they have 17 cemeteries and 1.5 million underground “residents” in town…
Nolan Ryan in Alvin, TX
City Manager Sereniah Breland wasted no time in tweeting her belief that the “#CityHallSelfie with a famous person” trophy belongs to Alvin, TX:
The curious thing about having #CityHallSelfie trend nationwide, is that it goes from being a niche concept, to something that people who have no connection to (or interest in) local government will tweet at. For example, this question about whether we’ve received a #CityHallSelfie from “Suplex City.” For those of you who love local gov *and* pro wrestling, enjoy:
ELGL Board Member.
Speaker. Author. Advisor.