“Cross between The Atlantic magazine and Buzzfeed”
Welcome to our new member feature. We’ve all heard the excuse “I’m too busy” so we’ve simplified our feature to illicit short, meaningful responses for our new members. As a side note, ELGL is adamantly opposed to the excuse, “I’m too busy.”
Jason Michnick (LinkedIn) is a Economic Development Intern for the City of Geneva, IL and Masters of Public Administration student at Northern Illinois University. He is concentrating on comparative public services, specifically economic development. Jason will be studying abroad in Tanzania (June 2015) and at Renmin University of China (Fall 2015 & Spring 2016).
Game of Thrones
What I Am Reading: Africa Doesn’t Matter: How the west failed the poorest continent.
What I Want From ELGL: Networking with like minded millennials.
What I Wish Local Government Did Better: Better vision and strategic planning.
What I Am Afraid Of: Student Loans
What I Wish I Was Doing (Instead of Completing This Questionnaire): Camping
What I Consider As My Career Accomplishments: Writing an incentive policy for my local municipality, creating an interactive database of economic indicators, helping facilitate grants for a secondary school in Africa.
What I Am Listening To: Kygo.
What I Wish People Knew About Me: How well rounded I am.
What I Wish Would Go Away:
What I Think of Professional Associations: Subjective about their research too often.
What I Wished You Asked Me: Where I’m from…Geneva, IL.
- Stephany Juneau
- Kristen Elderson, Founder of Work City Smart
- Meredith Thompson, City of Roanoke, VA
- Kristin Wierenga, Woodburn Recreation and Parks
- Katie Walpole, Clark County, NV
- Rod Holmes, Mississippi State
- Rebecca Olson, City of Shoreview, MN
- Roger Gonzalez, University of Texas MPA
- Rachel Nolin, City of Monterey, CA
- Sareen Papakhian, Hazel Park, MI, Director of Parks
- Robbie Lippard, George Washington University MPA Student
- Casie Yoder, City of Decatur, GA
- Kevin Amirehsani, Engaged Public