This is the company information page for the 2019 #ELGLHaverford award.
About ClearPoint Strategy
- Website: https://www.clearpointstrategy.com/
- Contact person: Laura Chandler
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/clearpointstrat
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ClearPointStrategy/
- Industry sector: Technology
- Minority/Women-Owned: No
- Does the company have an articulated equity/inclusion policy: No
- Nominated by: City of Durham, NC
Engagement With ELGL:
- Blogs, Webinars, Podcasts with ELGL? Yes
- Links to Content: GovLove Podcast: Performance Management
- Events, Activities with ELGL? Yes
- Links to Events: ELGL Toronto Suppler Club in September 2019; upcoming Fort Worth Supper Club in January 2020; strategy and performance management session in January 2020 for Innovation cohort
Working with the Company:
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, in what capacity?
- In early 2011, the Durham City Council approved the City’s first ever Strategic Plan. In the same year, the City realized that they needed software to help manage their strategic plan and to communicate the progress of the Plan to the residents. They chose ClearPoint to help create an outward facing platform for their City’s Strategic Plan and also started using ClearPoint to manage the 500+ measures being tracked by departments as part of their departmental strategic plans.
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- As our partner in strategy management, they have worked with us to create a performance management system and improve our processes around collecting and sharing data. They have worked closely with us throughout our entire use of ClearPoint.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Supportive, dedicated, partner
Describe the on boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- The ClearPoint Team has extensive experience working with local government organizations in the US and Canada. Their onboarding, implementation and support plans are developed to ensure the organizations success from the start. Their goal was to partner closely with us during the initial implementation so that we could be self-sufficient as we grew in our use of ClearPoint, adding departments and team level plans. The ClearPoint Account Manager and the entire Support Team have always been available to partner to ensure continued success.
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Basic Plan starting at $250 per month: For smaller organizations or teams just getting started with strategy management. Includes 5+ users and all Basic features. This plan requires a one-time additional onboarding fee of $1000. Additional training and services are available.
- Professional Plan starting at $800 per month:
Features and functionality for medium sized organizations with several branch offices or divisions. Includes 10+ users, 25 view-only users, and all Basic and Professional features. Additional training and services are available.
- Enterprise Plan contact for pricing
Features and functionality for enterprises, agencies, and municipalities. Includes 25+ users, discounted update-only users, unlimited view-only users, and all Basic, Professional, and Enterprise features. Additional training and services are available.
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- The ClearPoint team is super passionate about our success!
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- When I started with the performance management efforts at the city almost seven years ago so many things were happening in the whole area of performance management, but it’s just taken massive leaps forward in terms of open data, and efforts to engage citizens, and having these discussions internally. So, it’s exciting time to be here and it’s just been a great thing to partner with ClearPoint and be able to see the evolution of the ClearPoint system that’s been right there with us.
Anything else to add about the company that we haven’t already asked you?
- I think in the evolution of ClearPoint and the tool, one thing that came along with that is the ecosystem of the different cities and counties that are using it across the country. One thing we really enjoyed about it was, over the years having used it, is it’s designed for government. You can tell that the people that designed it know government, and that that’s what they’re using it for. And so, the people that we’ve met along the way, the people we’ve learned from and learned how they’re using it, are people in local government.