It’s #ELGLHaverford time! We’re pleased to recognize the top 25 local government companies as nominated by ELGL members. Learn more about the Haverford Award, and then check out our website every day this week to learn about five new companies added to the 2020 Haverford Award list.
- Industry sector(s): Engagement
- Minority/Woman Owned Business: Yes
- Shared content/expertise with ELGL: Yes
- Participated in ELGL events/activities: Yes
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, and in what capacity?
- CivicMakers has helped our organization transform over the last few years. When we started working with them we were siloed and departments struggled with collaboration. They helped us unlock so much potential within our organization through the Learning Lab – a citywide human-centered design training program (https://civicmakers.com/projects/san-rafael-learning-lab/).
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- Collaboration across our organization is at an all-time high and most, if not all, employees have been introduced to the concept of human-centered design and how it applies to our work in local government.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Inclusive, inspiring, fun
Describe the on-boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- Leave room in your scope for the work to pivot and things to change based on learning. CivicMakers is big on co-creation so often new ideas will emerge, so be open for that.
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- Everyone at CivicMakers has a big heart and is deeply committed to public service.
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Hourly rates based on the staff assigned
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- CivicMakers is one of our go-to consultants for facilitation, training, and strategy work.
Anything else to add about the company that we haven’t already asked you?
- They are simply the best.