My favorite adventure in life was…. Being an expert camper as a kid/teenager. I went to a school where we traveled a lot and I was doing rock climbing, backpacking, and river trips while you guys were all taking tests in a classroom. #ColoradoNative
The most important decision that I’ve made in life was… To choose to try make the world better through my work and through my family and to be continually hopeful and dedicated to that goal (even when it’s really hard. Which is like always).
If I was booking the guests for the GovLove podcast, I would book… Sheryl Sandberg, I’d like to hear her talk more specifically about women and inclusion in local government. Also about her work in grief and how that can come into play working in local government.
If I couldn’t work in my current position, I would… love to direct movies.
I made the choice to attend #ELGL18 because…. Everything ELGL is always thought provoking and fun! I’m helping plan #ELGL18 because I want everyone to have a great time at the conference and it’s practically in my backyard- in the beautiful city of Golden!
I’ll know that I made the right choice to attend #ELGL18 if… I met new people, find new ideas, and feel proud to be a part of this amazing #ELGL family!
If I was writing the questions for the feature, I would have asked… What is your recent personal best and professional best? I like asking this question because it gives people permission to be proud of themselves and talk about recent accomplishments.
- #ELGL18: Golden, Colorado
- Additional Learning Opportunities at #ELGL18
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Emily Edmonds
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Enessa Janes, City of Arvada, Colorado
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Justin Cutler, City of Westminister, CO
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Jessica Prosser, City of Arvada, Colorado
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Jenna Harte-Wisniewski, Sterling Municipal Library
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Abby Fitch, City of Aurora, Colorado
- A Taste of #ELGL18 with Jordan Rae Hillman, City of Jackson, Mississippi