Welcome to the new and (somewhat) improved version of our member introductions. If you are puzzled by the column name, take a minute to watch the above scene from Austin Powers.
Arnold Perez is the Organizational Development Management for the City of Brownsville, Texas. He is a management professional with over ten years of experience in public service with operational expertise and proven leadership qualities in Organizational Development, Internal Audit, Human Resources, Public Health, Public Transit, Library services and grant administration. He is a Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and state registered Code Enforcement Officer.
Arnold earned a Masters in Public Administration from the University of North Texas and a Bachelor of Science from University of Texas Brownsville.
Q & A
(Complete the sentence) Today is….. an opportunity to engage and experience the who, what, when, where of life.
Your hometown? What is it best known for?
Brownsville Texas, the first commercial launch site SpaceX and our yearly Charro Days celebration of Mexican and American Cultures.
Describe the state of local government in your area.
Home rule city with the City Manager Council form of government with 1200+ employees, 7 elected officials and 175,000+ citizens over 90 square miles.
What topics or practitioners would you like to see ELGL profile?
Performance measures, budgeting and contact negotiations.
- 80’s was…. start of the home gaming console
- 90’s was…. the music
- 00’s was… no more acid wash jeans
- Last year was… the improvement of the marvel movies
- Today is…. the opportunity for growth
If you could interview any three people (dead or alive), who would it be?
- Teddy Roosevelt
- Marcus Aurelius
- Justice Sonia Sotomayor
What are the best things about the internet?
The modern day oracle for advice from home repair to cooking, love it!
Parent(s) can be influential in career choices of their kids. What was the career path of your parent(s)?
Maritime and manufacturing
(Complete the sentence) ELGL is…… engaging and energetic.
Where do you hear about ELGL?
Recruiters and practitioners
- More career day representation targeted to the feeder degrees for public administration, the social sciences and political science.
- Educating citizens of the meaning of service. We are there for the community in times of need, emergencies, growth, and decline. Service is done at risk, sacrifice and commitment of those who provide it.
What’s one question that we should ask the next person who completes this profile?
- How do you stay engaged with the community your serve?
(Complete the sentence) Tomorrow is……. an opportunity to meet that known and unknown challenge. Be it our own personal, and professional or that of who we serve.
- Brownsville seeks feedback on city services
- On Campus with University of North Texas MPA Program
- Brownsville, Texas : All-America City Award
Alllow Myself to Introduce Myself – Archives
- Ashlyn Salzman, WSU-Vancouver
- Tim Wolff, Lake Isabella, MI Village Manager
- Adrienne Burke, Fernandina Beach, FL
- Julie Eckenrode, Town of Carrboro, NC
- Cathy Wilson, Town of Carrboro, NC
- Brandi Leos, Clackamas County
- Christian Williams, City of Goodyear, AZ
- Justyn Miller, Boone County, IL
- Liza Druck, City of Cincinnati, OH
- Sarah Bledsoe, City of Beacon, NY