Welcome to the new and (somewhat) improved version of our member introductions. If you are puzzled by the column name, take a minute to watch the above scene from Austin Powers.
Clackamas County – Class and Comp Analyst
(Complete the sentence) Today is…… an exciting, day!
Silverton, Oregon… Home of Silver Falls State Park and Oregon’s first openly transgendered Mayor.
Describe the state of local government in your area.
Local Government is making a comeback. Cities and counties are recovering from the recession and are starting to be able to make strides in their work.
What topics or practitioners would you like to see ELGL profile?
- The state of collective bargaining.
- Class and comp for small and large employers.
- 80’s was……. My little pony!
- 90’s was…… The great mix of music… alternative rock, hip hop, pop and the combination of them all.
- 00’s was….. Rise of soccer in the United States.
- Last year was….. Portland Thorns winning their inaugural season championship.
- Today is…. Flexible employer that works around my school schedule.
If you could interview any three people (dead or alive), who would it be?
- John F. Kennedy
- Hillary Clinton
- My Uncle Shannon
What are the best things about the internet?
- Social media
- Search engines
Parent(s) can be influential in career choices of their kids. What was the career path of your parent(s)? Small business owners
(Complete the sentence) ELGL is…… a great way to network with other up and coming leaders with dedication to public service.
I was asked to speak at the #ELGL14 annual conference.
Give us two ideas for attracting and retaining talented individuals to the public sector.
Offer superior flexibility and allow jobs to grow with the workers.
What’s one question that we should ask the next person who completes this profile?
Why did you choose local government?
(Complete the sentence) Tomorrow is……. A chance to seize your next opportunity… keep your eyes open!
- Costing a Union Contract for Negotiations
- #ELGL14: List of Attendees and Sponsors
- #ELGL14: Costing a Bargaining Unit Contract