We’re recruiting for two open positions on the ELGL Board of Directors. The board is our governing and advisory body. Board Members work on programming, events and content for ELGL. The Board is a working body that often fulfills roles that would be done by staff in a larger organization.
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as s/he develops and implements ELGL’s mission and vision
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by ELGL for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving ELGL’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Assisting the ED in identifying and recruiting other or future board members
- Partnering with the ED and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing ELGL to stakeholders and funders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring ELGL’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the local government community
- Assisting with a fundraising and financial plan to ensure ELGL’s long range financial sustainability.
Details on the Board
- Two ELGL board members (Kent Wyatt and Ben Kittelson) will serve ongoing terms.
- Amie Hendrix, Cathy Bailey, and Maggie Jones will continue to serve on the board.
- Jordan Hillman and Samantha Harkins are exiting the board due to their term expiring
- Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held as needed.
- All participation will be electronic/remote unless otherwise planned and noticed.
- This is an awesome opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ELGL’s mission.
- Selected board members will have a bias for action and achievement, with a desire to make ELGL grow and thrive.
- Board members should possess a sense of humor, creativity, strong writing skills, integrity, and credibility. Working in teams is an essential component of board service.
To be consider, please complete this online form by May 10, 2021.
Questions? Contact Kent Wyatt, ELGL Co-Founder, [email protected]