Prepare for #ELGL14 by learning about who is attending. Find out if you’ll be surrounded by soft talkers, loud eaters, and finger biters or whether you’ll be surrounded by the best in local government.
Village of Lombard, IL – Communications Coordinator
#ELGL14 is…my first trip to the Pacific Northwest, my first time speaking on a panel and my first official business trip. Real jacked.
Registration for #ELGL14 cost $60. If you could use that $60 to buy something else, what would you buy?
I want to say something useful or smart, but my bank account’s honest answer would be Starbucks.
If #ELGL14 spun off into a music festival, what bands (dead or alive) would you like to see?
Jimmy Fallon and The Roots performing today’s hits. Or Carly Rae Jepson performing “Call Me Maybe” on repeat.
During your time in Portland for #ELGL14, how do you plan on “Keeping Portland Weird?”
By being a complete tourist on Saturday and annoying every cool Portland resident by asking questions in my obnoxious Midwest accent.
(Complete the sentence) I feel old when……I was a student council nerd in high school (SURPRISE!) and I’m now tasked with my planning my 10-year reunion in 2015. Very confusing.
- These two young artists quit their jobs to build this glass house for $500
- Drought drains Illinois rivers of recreational potential
- Growing ‘bump’ industry caters to moms-to-be
- Knope of the Week: Bridget Doyle, Village of Lombard
- New communications coordinator hopes to grow Lombard
- Joanna Crean, City of Boulder
- David Donaldson, Woodland Park Zoo
- Mac Prichard, Prichard Communications
- Rachel Sykes, PSU MPA Student
- Kathleen Rastetter, Clackamas County, OR
- Thomas Frank, West Linn City Councilor
- Jessica Nunley Pelz, City of Newberg
- Whitney Rhodes, Pierce County, WA
- Jon Amundson, Richland, WA Assistant City Manager
- Kylie Bayer-Fertterer, Tualatin Hills Park & Recreation District
- Nyssa Rivera, City of Forest Grove
- Gwen Voelpel, SeaTac Assistant City Manager
- Katie Babits, City of Veneta, OR
- Josh Mahar, Municipal Research and Services Center
- Heather Martin, Beery Elsner & Hammond, LLP
- Ethan Cirmo, City of Portland, OR