Mt. Rushmore season is over. It’s time to hear from our members discuss memories from 2017 and what’s ahead for 2018. You can join ELGL here – $15/students, $30/individuals, and $300/businesses & organizations.
Chief of Staff – City of Lansing, MI
The most memorable moment of 2017:
My friend (and Lansing’s new mayor) Andy Schor asking me to be his Chief of Staff. It’s a tremendous honor.
The most surprising moment of 2017:
The feverish pace of the mayoral transition. It was six weeks from November 8 until New Year’s Day. The pace was blistering.
My 2017 was made better by the following people…
My amazingly supportive husband and precious 3-year-old son, my mom, siblings and family, my fantastic friends, Andy & Erin Schor, my new colleagues in city hall who made the transition as seamless as possible.
My three resolutions for 2018:
1. Find chief of staff/mom/wife balance.
2. Start running again (I had knee surgery 11/1/17)
3. Fall in love with my city every day.
My prediction for 2018 Time Person of the Year will be…..
Yet TBD, but I’m guessing it’s someone ousted from the White House.
- Dilly Dilly with Lindsey Luft, City of Batavia, NY
- Dilly Dilly with Dr. Lisa Morris Hibbler, City of Las Vegas, NV
- Dilly Dilly with Francie Palmer, City of Rancho Cucamonga, CA
- Dilly Dilly with Matt Townsend, City of Wichita, Kansas
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.