ELGL is headed to Northern Illinois University for an
#ELGLInspire program on April 26, 2019!
Noon – Arrive, check in, catered lunch
12:15 – Welcome from ELGL & ILCMA
12:30 – Quick Fire Presentations From Local Government Practitioners
These are fast-paced, four minute presentations about the challenges and opportunities in each sector of local government.
- Phil Kiraly, Glencoe – Administration
- William Gabrenya, Bartlett – Fire
- Jason Leverton, DeKalb – Police
- Mike Skibbe, Buffalo Grove – Public Works
- Kimberly Richardson, Evanston – Administrative Services
- Rita Kruse, Geneva – Finance
- Dan Barreiro, Aurora – Community Development
- Chris Nelson, West Dundee – Elected Office
- Greg Stopka, Park District of Oak Park – Parks & Innovation
- Leah White, Skokie – Library
1:30 – Campfire Conversations With Local Government Practitioners
Students will choose a table where they will learn from the Quick Fire practitioners in a small group setting. After 10 minutes, students will rotate to a new table. This will be done four times so that every student gets a chance to sit with five practitioners to ask questions and hear from them about their path into local government and how they realized it was the career for them.
2:30 – What’s Next? Pursuing Public Service After Undergrad
This moderated session includes panelist discussions on career paths, as well as the chance for audience questions. Panelists include local government practitioners, MPA program representatives, and sponsor organization representatives.
- Suzanne Ostrovsky, Hoffman Estates
- Randy Recklaus, Arlington Heights, IL
- Kyle Knott, ICMA Student Chapter
3:30 – Close & Networking