ELGL is headed to Texas State University for an
#ELGLInspire program on April 2, 2019!
Texas State University
LBJ Student Center – Room LBJ 3-14.1
April 2 | Noon – 3:30
RSVP | Download the event flyer
Noon – Arrive, check in, catered lunch
12:15 – Welcome from ELGL, City of San Marcos, & Texas State University
12:30 – Quick Fire Presentations From Local Government Practitioners
These are fast-paced, four minute presentations about the challenges and opportunities in each sector of local government.
- Will Hampton, Round Rock – Communications
- Jamie Eustace, Baytown – Library
- Jackson Daly, Georgetown – Innovation
- Scott Sellers, Kyle – Administration
- Nick Finan, Texas City – Ethics
- Martie Simpson, New Braunfels – Finance
- Julie Fulgham, Victoria – Community & Economic Development
- Assistant Chief Justin Newsom, Austin Police Department
- Jessica Ramos, San Marcos – Parks & Recreation
1:30 – Campfire Conversations With Local Government Practitioners
Students will choose a table where they will learn from the Quick Fire practitioners in a small group setting. After 10 minutes, students will rotate to a new table. This will be done four times so that every student gets a chance to sit with five practitioners to ask questions and hear from them about their path into local government and how they realized it was the career for them.
2:30 – What’s Next? Pursuing Public Service Careers & Degrees
This moderated session includes panelist discussions on career paths, as well as the chance for audience questions. Panelists include local government practitioners, public administration program representatives, and sponsor organization representatives.
- James Earp, Kyle
- Nandhini Rangarajan, TXState
- Linda Spacek, San Marcos
- Micah Grau, Buda