ELGL is headed to the University of Illinois – Chicago for an
#ELGLInspire program on April 4, 2019!
Noon – Arrive, check in, catered lunch
12:15 – Welcome from ELGL’s Zach Navin
12:30 – Quick Fire Presentations From Local Government Practitioners
These are fast-paced, four minute presentations about the challenges and opportunities in each sector of local government.
- Luke Stowe, Evanston, IL – IT
- Greg Stopka, Oak Park Park District – Parks
- Kate Green, City of Peoria, IL – Innovation
- Dan Bolin, Ancel Glink – Law
- Mike Skibbe, Buffalo Grove, IL – Public Works
- Cindy Plante, Winnetka, IL – Community Development
- Cara Pavlicek, Oak Park, IL – Administration
- Ann Tennes ,Skokie, IL – Marketing & Communications
- Miguel Ruiz, Skokie, IL – Library
1:30 – Campfire Conversations With Local Government Practitioners
Students will choose a table where they will learn from the Quick Fire practitioners in a small group setting. After 10 minutes, students will rotate to a new table. This will be done four times so that every student gets a chance to sit with five practitioners to ask questions and hear from them about their path into local government and how they realized it was the career for them.
2:30 – What’s Next? Pursuing Public Service After Undergrad
This moderated session includes panelist discussions on career paths, as well as the chance for audience questions. Panelists include local government practitioners, MPA program representatives, and sponsor organization representatives.
- Scott Niehaus, Lombard, IL
- Bridget Kozlowski, Sterling Heights, MI
- Ben McCready, Geneva, IL
- Clay Campbell, Downers Grove Sanitary District, IL