January 4, 2017 – Favorite interview question to ask a job candidate
Over 30 ELGL members have weighed in on this topic.
- What will your current boss say about you when I call them?
- Tell me about about 3 people’s careers you helped.
- Give an example of what you have done to promote diversity, equity, or inclusion in your organization.
Read each of the responses and add to the discussion in the members-only Facebook group.
December 28, 2016 – Body Cameras = Pay Raise
As we start to deploy body cameras in the police department, I would never think to handle opposition to the cameras with a pay raise. I don’t feel giving a pay raise to increase officer accountability or to satisfy a federal or state mandate is the best move. Thoughts….
Join the discussion in the ELGL Facebook group.
Background reading: NYPD Officers Offered More Pay To Wear Body Cameras
December 15, 2016
What started as a simple “Friday Fun Question of the Day” has evolved into a debate about life’s biggest issues.
- Is Seinfeld funny?
- The Oxford Comma is mandatory. This isn’t controversial, just the Truth.
- Leggings ARE pants!
- I live in Wisconsin and hate cheese and condiments.
- Pot lucks are lazy.
- I don’t get Harry Potter.
- All MLB baseball fields should have identical dimensions, outfield wall heights, etc.
- It’s pronounced gif, not jif.
- Keira Knightly rubs me the wrong way…sorry.
- The pilgrims believed tomatoes are poisonous. Who am I to question the wisdom of the pilgrims?