ELGL is pleased to share information and resources from the EPIC Network.
The Educational Partnerships for Innovation in Communities – Network (EPIC-Network) is a nonprofit association with members all over the world. Our organization and our members unite communities with the untapped potential of universities to exponentially improve conditions for human flourishing.
Our ambition is to improve the quality of life and social wealth of all involved, whether by expanding social or economic inclusion, environmental sustainability or democratic self-government.
We do so by supporting the application of The EPIC Model. These are program links to successful EPIC network programs on the West Coast with experience and work on wildfire topics.
University of Oregon
University of Washington
California State University Monterey Bay
San Diego State University
More About The EPIC Model
- Respects Existing administrative structures/individual responsibilities and incentives on all sides
- Creates a genuine Partnership with local governments (or community organizations)
- Intentionally aims at improving community quality of life
- Focuses on Community-identified, -driven, and -evaluated contribution to the community
- Catalyze multi-disciplines and large Numbers (courses, students, hours)
Learn more about the EPIC Model.
Visit our university or community page to learn more about how to start a program and start improving the quality of life and social wealth of your community today!
EPIC-N is a membership-based organization. Operations are funded by a mixture of membership dues, grants, and fees-for-services rendered.
The EPIC-N model works best when it breaks down silos and promotes collaboration between local government and universities. Here’s a COVID-19 example from the University of Wisconsin and the League of Wisconsin Municipalities:
University of Wisconsin-Madison’s EPIC program helps local, state, and national campaign to combat COVID-19