GFOA is the Government Finance Officers Association.
GFOA provides several scholarship opportunities for students interested in pursuing a career in state/provincial or local government finance.
Encouraging and supporting educational opportunities for future government finance officers are integral to GFOA’s mission of promoting best practices in local government.
Scholarship Application for 2019 Now Open!
CLICK HERE TO APPLY
Applications due Friday, January 18th, 2019
Eligibility for scholarship awards:
- Citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada
- Plan to pursue a career in state/provincial or local government finance
- Student has not been a past winner of a GFOA scholarship.
- Additional criteria for each individual scholarship found with the links below.
GFOA evaluates all scholarship applications according to the following criteria:
- Career plans in state/provincial and local government finance
- Past academic record and work experience
- Strength of coursework and demonstrated connection between coursework and career goals
- Letter of recommendation
- Download GFOA Scholarship Brochure
For more information regarding GFOA’s scholarships, please contact Peg Hartnett.