Favorite book of all-time:
Books that are on your nightstand right now:
(Fill in the blank) When you wake up in the morning, you are motivated by………
I am motivated by my grandson Graysen (9 months old and is a blessing to our family).
If you ran for elected office, what position would you run for?
None – I have dodged bullets and landmines; however, I am not sure if I could be so audacious…
Your best piece of career advice:
I believe Winston Churchill in 1922 said: Even ordinary life and business involve the encountering of unknown factors and require some effort of the imagination, some stress of the soul, to overcome them.
Your favorite social media outlet:
Which actor/actress would play you in a movie?
This would suggest that I’m either famous or infamous, I’m neither; however…Kiefer Sutherland.
What is the home page on your web browser?
Bing – I like the daily change of scenery…
Biggest issues facing local government:
- good governance
- addressing economic/demographic trends.
Two things that people will say about you at your retirement party:
At my first retirement some of the comments were: “your moving where? Well we are sure that you will make good use of this fishing rod…” “He was a leader, paved the way on how we operate today and supported the team…” And, few expletives and a pint thrown in for good measure. Let’s see if I can do a repeat at my next retirement….
First concert that you ever attended:
The Police, Oct 2, 1980 at Winnipeg Arena
Name three of your mentors:
- My dad, a technologist and college teacher who taught me to persevere in school and question everything…and why I pursued a degree in political studies.
- My father-in law, a small business owner who taught me the meaning of friendship – a true friend is someone that will drop everything and ask of nothing when you need them.
- My wife, who after 27 years continues to keep me grounded and focused on what truly is important…us.
Who is at the dinner table if you could invite any three people (dead or alive)?
- Abraham Lincoln
- Pierre Trudeau
- Hillary Clinton (2016?)
(Fill in the blank) Government….
(Fill in the blank) ELGL is ……..
a learning opportunity.
Previous Lightning Round Profiles
- Michelle Bixler, Willamalane Park and Recreation
- Elise Scolnick, City of Damascus
- Charles Clark, Lane County
- Rhett Tatum, Clackamas County
- Eric King, City of Bend and Gary Allis, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Sue Ryan, City of Canby
- David Snider, City of Sandy
- Amanda Lamb, City of San Diego, CA
- Elisa Hamblin, City of Portland
- Norma Alley, City of Newberg
- Mary Beth Henry, City of Portland
- Debbie Matheney, Eugene School District
- Jessica Struyk, City of Gresham
- Petra Schuetz, City of Coburg
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet
- Mark Stotik, Clackamas County
- Heidi Starks, West Slope Water District
- Teri Bankhead, City of Milwaukie
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Pat Mobley, Portland State University
- Ashley Graff, University of Kansas
- Eric Chambers, City of Gresham