City of Coburg
Favorite [recently read] book of all-time:
The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle by Haruki Murakami
Seven Types of Ambiguity by Elliot Perlman
Book that is on your nightstand right now:
Wildwood by Colin Meloy is on the top of the pile.
(Fill in the blank) When you wake up in the morning [in a cold sweat], you are motivated by………
The public’s expectation that local government deliver essential programs and services efficiently, yesterday, and I’m largely responsible.
If you ran for elected office, what position would you run for?
This is a trick question for a City Administrator…….
Your best piece of career advice:
Integrity is what happens when no one is watching.
Your favorite social media outlet:
Which actor/actress would play you in a movie?
Some people have said that I look like Anne Heche (remember her?), so I’ll go with that.
What is the home page on your web browser?
Two biggest issues facing local government:
Two things that people will say about you at your retirement party:
- She did no harm.
- She spent her entire career in public service.
First concert that you ever attended
It was M.C. Hammer at the State Fair folks.
Name two of your mentors:
- My grandpa (recently passed) for his convictions, loyalty, and generosity; and
- Toni Preckwinckle who, coincidently, was just selected as City/County Manager of the Year by American City & County magazine. Her current role is Cook County, IL Administrator, but she was the Chicago 4th Ward Alderman at the time I worked for her. Excellent manager.
Who is at the dinner table if you could invite any three people (dead or alive)?
- My three-year- old daughter,
- one of the Stoics like Epicurus or Epictetus, and
- probably Brandi Carlile.
Fill in the blank) ELGL is ……………..a refreshing perspective.
Previous Lightning Round Profiles