Favorite book of all-time:
A Moveable Feast: Ernest Hemingway
Book that is on your nightstand right now:
The Power Broker, Robert Moses and the Fall of New York: Robert Carro
(Fill in the blank) When you wake up in the morning, you are motivated by………
all the things I need to get done for the good people of Clackamas County, and coffee.
If you ran for elected office, what position would you run for?
Your best piece of career advice:
Specialize in what you care about, not what you think the job market cares about.
Your favorite social media outlet:
Which actor/actress would play you in a movie?
What is the home page on your web browser?
Biggest issue facing local government:
(1) Urbanization, and
(2) adapting to the increasing realization that problems don’t fit into discrete boxes of “local,” “state,” “national” and “international,” and figuring out how to work vertically and horizontally to solve them
Two things that people will say about you at your retirement party:
(1) “He got along well with a lot of different people,” and
(2) “This cake is good.”
First concert that you ever attended:
Alanis Morissette, Jagged Little Pill Tour
Name three of your mentors:
- Todd Lochner, Chair of Political Science, Lewis & Clark College
- Jed Tomkins, Assistant County Attorney, Multnomah County
- Scot Sideras, Assistant County Counsel, Clackamas County
Who is at the dinner table if you could invite any three people (dead or alive)?
(Fill in the blank) Government….
a tool for solving many of the challenges we face as a society.
(Fill in the blank) ELGL is ……..
well worth $20 a year!
Previous Lightning Round Profiles
- Eric King, City of Bend and Gary Allis, Tauranga, New Zealand
- Sue Ryan, City of Canby
- David Snider, City of Sandy
- Amanda Lamb, City of San Diego, CA
- Elisa Hamblin, City of Portland
- Norma Alley, City of Newberg
- Mary Beth Henry, City of Portland
- Debbie Matheney, Eugene School District
- Jessica Struyk, City of Gresham
- Petra Schuetz, City of Coburg
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet
- Mark Stotik, Clackamas County
- Heidi Starks, West Slope Water District
- Teri Bankhead, City of Milwaukie
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Pat Mobley, Portland State University
- Ashley Graff, University of Kansas
- Eric Chambers, City of Gresham