Favorite book of all-time:
“Bird by Bird” by Anne Lamott. By far the book I keep re-reading and also buy copies to give to people.
Book that is on your nightstand right now:
Hmm. I have several stacks. O.K., one from the School Stack “Korea, A Modern History” by Bruce Cuming and from the Fun Stack “Talulla Rising” by Glen Duncan
(Fill in the blank) When you wake up in the morning, you are motivated by………
Knowing every day in public service is varied and valuable.
If you ran for elected office, what position would you run for?
Secretary of State
Your best piece of career advice:
Your favorite social media outlet:
Could I be played by an author instead? Oh, alright Betty White.
What is the home page on your web browser?
Biggest issue facing local government:
1. Lack of citizen participation;
2. Lack of knowledge about government processes and issues when citizens do participate.
Two things that people will say about you at your retirement party:
I thought she was still working.
First concert that you ever attended:
Name three of your mentors:
- John Morgan, Community Development Director, City of Damascus
- Clint Jacks (retired) Jefferson County Staff Chair, O.S.U. Extension Service
- Oregon Association of Municipal Recorders – the entire group
Who is at the dinner table if you could invite any three people (dead or alive)?
- Nicholas Kristoff, NY Times correspondent
- Senator Mark Hatfield
- Oregon Supreme Court Justice Betty Roberts
(Fill in the blank) Government….
is essential to a sound democracy but democracy is a lively sport (that is where the fun comes in).
(Fill in the blank) ELGL is ……..
is fascinating as it expands the paradigm of what a “professional” organization should be as it bysteps some of the archaic lines of membership and reaches out to government workers that might not otherwise ever meet one another.
Previous Lightning Round Profiles
- David Snider, City of Sandy
- Amanda Lamb, City of San Diego, CA
- Elisa Hamblin, City of Portland
- Norma Alley, City of Newberg
- Mary Beth Henry, City of Portland
- Debbie Matheney, Eugene School District
- Jessica Struyk, City of Gresham
- Petra Schuetz, City of Coburg
- Rhyan Van Horn, TriMet
- Mark Stotik, Clackamas County
- Heidi Starks, West Slope Water District
- Teri Bankhead, City of Milwaukie
- Anthony Petchel, Bank of the Cascades
- Pat Mobley, Portland State University
- Ashley Graff, University of Kansas
- Eric Chambers, City of Gresham