It’s Mount Rushmore season for ELGL members. We’re asking for your top four list on a variety of topics.
Community Marketing Manager, City of Newton, Iowa
Issues Facing Newton
- Executive, market rate and workforce rental housing.
- Improving external communication as the way residents get information continues to change.
- Innovative ways to help supplement city funding on projects.
- Succession playing for leadership in government and non-profits as well as businesses; attracting young professionals and young families to get involved in every aspect of our community.
- Iowa Speedway; The Fastest Short Track on the Planet hosts three race weekends including NASCAR XFINITY races and Verizon IndyCar races.
- Maytag Dairy Farms; home of the world-famous Maytag Blue cheese.
- Valle Drive-in; one of four drive-in theaters in Iowa still in operation and is also the oldest (it opening in 1948).
- Newton Arboretum & Botanical Gardens; managed by the non-profit Project AWAKE, the gardens offer a serene place to enjoy the great outdoors while surrounded by plants, trees, water features, community art and a nature center.
- Warm socks
- Dark chocolate
- Anthony Mason
- Dan Rather
- Norah O’Donnell (Can you tell I’m a journalism major and news junkie?)
- Peter Sagal
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.