It’s Mount Rushmore season for ELGL members. We’re asking for your top four list on a variety of topics.
City of Atlanta, Georgia – Director, 311
311 Staff on City Hall Selfie Day
This list could go on for days because Atlanta offers so much but this is what I have enjoyed since moving here.
- Center for Civil and Human Rights
- Martin Luther King JR. National Historic Site
- The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library
- The College Football Hall of Fame
- Strolling along the Atlanta Belt Line
- BB&T Atlanta Tennis Open
- Running a few 5k’s have been a great way to see the city either at Piedmont Park or at Centennial Olympic Park downtown
There is an abundance of musical superstars that are from Atlanta or started their careers in Atlanta below are few that come to mind.
- Indigo Girls
- Black Crowes
Issues Facing Atlanta:
Being new here I can only speak to the issues based on what I heard and read about. Reoccurring topics are homelessness, affordable housing and traffic. But, I am in the honeymoon period and I see Atlanta as a fabulous vibrant city with lots to do and friendly people!
- Holly Karg, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Kristen Smith, UNC School of Government
- Sarah Martin-Anderson, City of Kansas City, MO
- Timothy Martin, City of Roanoke, VA
- Aaron Hufford, City of Hamilton, OH
- Matt Yager, City of Plano, Texas
- Greg Stopka, Park District of Oak Park
- Doug Barrick, Town of Rutherfordton, NC
- Maia Knox, City of Issaquah, WA
- Lori Karaguezian, Orange County Sanitation District
- Courtney Kashima, Muse Community + Design
- Ande Banks, City of Harrisonburg, VA
- Tristin Terhune, City of Bel Aire, Kansas
- Michael Walters Young, City of Franklin, TN
- Leeanne Singleton, City of Hermosa Beach, CA
- Aaron Zavala, City of Mesquite, Texas