It’s Mount Rushmore season for ELGL members. We’re asking for your top four list on a variety of topics.
ProudCity — COO
Local government departments
- Fire Department: Fire trucks are the best.
- Public Works: Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
- Transportation: I love my metrocard.
- Communications: Let everyone know about the great work you’re doing for your community!
- Night shift screen on iPhone: I can’t explain it but I swear it works!
- Google hangouts… for phone calls: You can call domestic numbers for free and conference people in.
- Noise cancelling, wireless headphones: nuff said.
- Slack: adios email
- New York City: I live out there, so don’t go there – Notorious BIG
- Lake Placid: U.S.A.
- Saratoga Springs: Saratoga Race Course, often considered to be the oldest sporting venue in the country.
- Rockaway: Beach.
- Notorious BIG
- Arcade Fire
- The Band
- Portugal. The man.
- Joe’s: classic NY slice
- L&B Spumoni Gardens: Square (don’t call it Sicilian) slice
- Motorino: New York Neapolitan
- Paulie Gees: Brick oven
Myths about government technology:
- It’s expensive: ProudCity pricing is made for local government.
- It’s hard to manage: ProudCity onboarding teaches you how to fish, so you’re empowered long after you launch
- It’s difficult to decide on a vendor: ProudCity lets you try before you buy
- It takes too long to set up: We’ll get you launched in 2017
- Holly Karg, Public Utilities Commission of Ohio
- Kristen Smith, UNC School of Government
- Sarah Martin-Anderson, City of Kansas City, MO
- Timothy Martin, City of Roanoke, VA
- Aaron Hufford, City of Hamilton, OH
- Matt Yager, City of Plano, Texas
- Greg Stopka, Park District of Oak Park
- Doug Barrick, Town of Rutherfordton, NC
- Maia Knox, City of Issaquah, WA
- Lori Karaguezian, Orange County Sanitation District
- Courtney Kashima, Muse Community + Design
- Ande Banks, City of Harrisonburg, VA
- Tristin Terhune, City of Bel Aire, Kansas
- Michael Walters Young, City of Franklin, TN
- Leeanne Singleton, City of Hermosa Beach, CA
- Aaron Zavala, City of Mesquite, Texas