It’s Mount Rushmore season for ELGL members. We’re asking for your top four list on a variety of topics.
Assistant to the City Manager – City of Goodyear, Arizona
Issues facing Goodyear:
- Growth, growth, and more growth. We are working hard to ensure our services keep pace with development and increasing population. Goodyear is 191 square miles and only 11% developed. That’s a lot of land left!
- We are exploring ways for the city have a more direct impact on population health through an amazing public-private partnership with our healthcare sector. Check out www.wellspringpark.org if you are interested in learning more!
- Implementing a cohesive, enterprise-wide performance management system. We’ve got some great elements like our continuous improvement initiative and data team, but we are working to align it all through a system.
- Water. Goodyear is in the West Valley of Phoenix and as of today relies solely on ground water. That’s changing soon thanks to a regional partnership that will bring surface water to Goodyear.
Things you do every day:
- Clear my email inbox
- Make sure my fiancé still wants to marry me
- Sing along loudly and proudly in my car
- Drink lots of water
- Leanne Davis- My fiancé and 2016 citizen #cityhallselfie champion
- Nicole Lance- friend, mentor, and #87 on the 2017 Traeger list
- Diana Taurasi- Phoenix WNBA Legend
- Tig Notaro- who doesn’t love a little deadpan comedy with their dessert?
- Spotting a bug in the shower
- U.S. political unrest
- Losing loved ones
- Small fish
- The Bouncing Souls at Pearl Street Nightclub in Northampton, MA, 2007
- Tracy Chapman at the Calvin Theatre in Northampton, MA, 2009
- Indigo Girls at the Mishawaka Amphitheatre in Bellvue, CO, 2013
- Backstreet Boys at Planet Hollywood in Las Vegas, NV, 2017