Since ELGL is not a big fan of icebreakers and since we would rather not know what animal you want to be, this blog feature will serve as a means of introducing new members. While you won’t learn about their favorite animal, you will learn about their ideal Sunday morning, which dead people would they FaceTime with, and which song best describes their life.
Name: Eric Battles
Email: [email protected]
Graduate: University of Southern California
Most interesting project you’ve worked on in your current position:
I’m currently taking three classes at USC’s Price School of Public Policy titled Local Government Administration Seminar, Intersectoral Leadership, and Finance and Budgeting for the Public Sector. I also am finishing my track and field eligibility by running for the USC Track and Field team, 1500-meter specialist. I plan to begin interning this summer.
Describe the inside of your car.
Clean-ish with wrappers from power bars and old papers with directions (I’m new to LA)
Most recent concert:
An on-campus jazz celebration for Ndugu Chancler (professor and professional musician, [played/composed with Michael Jackson, Sinatra, Santana, and more]).
What sites are bookmarked on your internet browser?
Complete the sentence: “Before I die I want to…
I want to have made a substantial impact in government.
Proudest career/school accomplishment:
What song best describes your life?
“Sexy and I Know It” – LMFAO….Just kidding! Hmm, maybe “Paradise” by Coldplay
If you could FaceTime or Skype with three people either dead or alive, who would they be?
- Rudy Giuliani
- Steve Prefontaine
Your work/school mentors:
Favorite thing to do on a Sunday morning:
Long run with the USC track team
At the local level, closely tied to the service of its citizens
New and interesting to me (a Californian, with Central Oregonian family members)
What question(s) should I have asked you?
Favorite food? — Cookie dough ice cream!
- Eric Battles – USC Track & Field Profile
- USC set to compete in separate meets
- Eric Battles Profile – Fresno State Official Athletic Site
- Michelle Tagmyer, City of Beaverton Public Information
- Evan Fransted, University of Colorado-Denver School of Public Affairs
- Ben Patinkin, Patinkin Research Strategies
- Emma Williams, Oregon Metro
- Nick Herrera, State of Oregon
- Lauren Stott, Village of Montgomery, IL
- Beth Otto, City of Lake Oswego and PSU MURP Student
- Bradley Olin, California State University, Office of the Chancellor
- Adam Hackman, Drake University MPA Student
- Tamara Richards, City of Eugene
- Scott Aycock, Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council
- Dan Blue, City of Gresham
- Michael Parkhurst, City of Gresham