Since ELGL is not a big fan of icebreakers and since we would rather not know what animal you want to be, this blog feature will serve as a means of introducing new members. While you won’t learn about their favorite animal, you will learn about their ideal Sunday morning, which dead people would they FaceTime with, and which song best describes their life.
Name: Melanie Cutler
Email: [email protected]
Current Position: Oregon Department of Revenue, Program Analyst
Education: University of Phoenix
Q&A with Melanie
Most interesting project you’ve worked on in your current position:
I am relatively new to my current position as a Program Analyst with Dept of Revenue. For the last few months we’ve been working on Local Budget Training. It has been interesting to learn about Local Budget Law and I have enjoyed the opportunity to present at our Local Budget Workshops.
What do you think about when you are driving to work/school?
EVERYTHING!!! I have two young children and I work full time. On my way to work, I’m making my grocery list in my head, going over what I need to accomplish at work that day, and hoping that I have time to get a decent cup of coffee.
Your work/school mentors:
As I said earlier, I’m relatively new to my current position; At this point, everyone in my department is a mentor to me. On the cheesy side of things, my mom has been a mentor to me my entire life.
Most recent concert:
I don’t get much of a chance to go to concerts. The most recent concert I went to was my daughter’s holiday concert. I know that probably isn’t the type of concert you were asking about, but I don’t get out much 🙂
What sites are bookmarked on your internet browser?
At work? All of the legal sites related to property tax, govspace, oregon.gov, etc. Exciting stuff, right?
Proudest career/school accomplishment:
Graduating with my Bachelor’s degree. I accomplished this while working full time with young kids.
What song best describes your life?
I wish I had a whitty response to this, but it’s early. Unfortunately, they haven’t written a song that describes my life…yet.
If you could FaceTime or Skype with three people either dead or alive, who would they be?
My sister, my husband, and my kids. So many people look outside of their inner circle for inspiration. I am happy to be surrounded by inspiring people every day.
Favorite thing to do on a Sunday morning:
It used to be sleeping in, but young kids definitely make that impossible. Now, my 5-year-old and I make a big breakfast and watch cartoons on Netflix.
ELGL is….a new place to make connections with local government leaders.
What question(s) should I have asked you?
Question: “Have you always been this boring?”
Answer: Definitely not, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world!
- Stephanie Tripp, Oregon Health Authority, Public Affairs
- Andrew Spaeth, Oregon State Master of Public Policy
- Carlos Soriano, Business & Employment Specialist at State of Oregon
- Ellen Currier, Lane Council of Governments
- Eric Battles, University of Southern California
- Michelle Tagmyer, City of Beaverton Public Information
- Evan Fransted, University of Colorado-Denver School of Public Affairs
- Ben Patinkin, Patinkin Research Strategies
- Emma Williams, Oregon Metro
- Nick Herrera, State of Oregon
- Lauren Stott, Village of Montgomery, IL
- Beth Otto, City of Lake Oswego and PSU MURP Student
- Bradley Olin, California State University, Office of the Chancellor
- Adam Hackman, Drake University MPA Student
- Tamara Richards, City of Eugene
- Scott Aycock, Central Oregon Intergovernmental Council
- Dan Blue, City of Gresham
- Michael Parkhurst, City of Gresham