As we prepare for the ELGL & ICMA joint event at the ICMA Conference, attendees describe the current state of local government, their mentors, ways to strengthen local government, and of course, their dream six-pack. Link: Raise Your Hand If You’re Going “Back to the Future” with ELGL and ICMA.
City of Roanoke, VA – City Manager
1. Name your career mentors.
Challenging and exciting
3. During her presidency, Bonnie Svrcek encouraged ICMA members to do “Just One Thing” for the organization. What’s one thing we can do to strengthen local government?
Tell stories about the good things happening in local government
4. In keeping with the beer tasting theme, tell us what we’d find in your ideal six pack.
- Michael Brown: Futurist, wonk, nice guy
- Jack Vogt Receives Distinguished Public Service Award
- VA: Chris Morrill, City of Roanoke, City Manager
- New Roanoke city manager Chris Morrill seen as a rising star
- On Campus with the Carolina MPA Program
- Matthew Hawkesworth, City of Rosemead, CA
- Heather Geyer, City of Wheat Ridge, CO
- Greg Larson, Town of Los Gatos, CA
- Jeff Towery, City of Springfield, OR
- Elisabeth Wright, Village of Gilberts, IL
- Mitch Foster, Kingsley, MI, Village Manager
- C. James Ervin, Town of Rocky Mount, VA
- Tamara Lynn Schaps, Evans School of Public Affairs
- Eric Norenberg, Oberlin (OH) City Manager
- Joe Casey, Henrico County, VA, Deputy County Manager
- Jason Escareno, San Mateo County, CA
- Ann Janda, Milton, VT
- Lee Worsley, Durham County
- Dan Weinheimer, Fort Collins, CO