As we prepare for the ELGL & ICMA joint event at the ICMA Conference, attendees describe the current state of local government, their mentors, ways to strengthen local government, and of course, their dream six-pack. Raise Your Hand If You’re Going “Back to the Future” with ELGL and ICMA.
The Novak Consulting Group – Analyst
1. Name your career mentors.
2. Describe the current state of local government.
This is an exciting time to be part of local government. I believe local government is distinguishing itself from other levels of government, becoming more appreciated and more professional.
3. During her presidency, Bonnie Svrcek encouraged ICMA members to do “Just One Thing” for the organization. What’s one we can do to strengthen local government?
Educate your friends and family about the services provided by local governments.
4. In keeping with the beer tasting theme, tell us what we’d find in your ideal six pack.
A mix: A Pilsner, a pale ale, an Octoberfest, a hard cider, a nut brown, and a stout.
- NC: Tom Lundy, Catawba County, County Manager
- Mary Furtado, Catawba County, North Carolina
- Haley Kadish | Novak Consulting Group
- Catawba County Government News Release
- Julia Novak | Novak Consulting Group
- Simeon Switzer, Kent County Department of Veterans Affairs
- Jennifer Frederick, Village of Twin Lakes, WI
- Sarah Hazel, City of Charlotte, NC
- Lauren Brune, UNC-Chapel Hill MPA Program
- Dave Waffle, City of Beaverton, OR
- Pam Brangaccio, New Smyrna Beach, FL
- Tracy Miller, Sarasota County, FL
- Jason Damweber, Town of Chapel Hill, NC
- John Stefanski, City of Hayward, CA
- Karen Pinkos, City of El Cerrito, CA
- Chris Morrill, City of Roanoke, VA
- Matthew Hawkesworth, City of Rosemead, CA
- Heather Geyer, City of Wheat Ridge, CO
- Greg Larson, Town of Los Gatos, CA
- Jeff Towery, City of Springfield, OR
- Elisabeth Wright, Village of Gilberts, IL
- Mitch Foster, Kingsley, MI, Village Manager
- C. James Ervin, Town of Rocky Mount, VA
- Tamara Lynn Schaps, Evans School of Public Affairs
- Eric Norenberg, Oberlin (OH) City Manager
- Joe Casey, Henrico County, VA, Deputy County Manager
- Jason Escareno, San Mateo County, CA
- Ann Janda, Milton, VT
- Lee Worsley, Durham County
- Dan Weinheimer, Fort Collins, CO