Never again will you be lonely on your birthday. In 2016, ELGL is launching the “Celebrating Your Birth” initiative as a way of connecting our 1,100 members who are spread out nationally and internationally.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign up to participate in the initiative.
- We’ll randomly match you with another ELGL member.
- We’ll provide you the birth date (minus the year) of that member.
- When their birthday nears, send them a copy of your favorite book. (Amazon has a great selection of inexpensive, used books.) We’ll compile the books exchanged in one big end-of-the-year post.
- Your name and birth date (minus the year) will be given to another participant who you will hear from on your birthday.
- Deadline for signing up is January 1.
Note: Only current ELGL members are eligible to participate. You can join ELGL here.