Fels Research & Consulting is pleased to present its report, The Rise of Social Government: An Advanced Guide and Review of Social Media’s Role in Local Government Operations
To provide a substantive update on this timely topic, the second edition of the social media report, “The Rise of Social Media in Local Government,” was released publically in July 2012.
For the second edition, the project team interviewed main sources from the first report and compared findings to find out what has changed. A number of topics are explored further, including:
- New innovations, technologies and tools in the social media landscape;
- The effectiveness of social media in advocacy, policy-making, coalition building, economic development, crisis management and for other specific objectives;
- Management of social media activities;
- Quantitative and qualitative measurement of social media activities; and
- Issues to manage and items of concern for government offices using social media.
The project was advised by Eric Rabe, former Senior Vice President of Verizon and new media technology expert.
To download a digital copy of this report (PDF file), please click here. To read the official University of Pennsylvania press release, please click here.