- Kent Wyatt - Senior Management Analyst, City of Tigard
- Kirsten Wyatt - Assistant City Manager, City of West Linn
- Megan Messmer - Assistant to the City Manager, City of Florence
- Ben Kittelson – Portland State University MPA, Student
THE MISSION of the Oregon Emerging Local Government Leaders Network is to enhance communication between emerging and experienced government professionals; provide for professional advancement in the field by identifying employment opportunities and through targeted training and education; and support the advancement of professional local government management. The Emerging Local Government Leaders (ELGL) group is a growing network of local government professionals who meet regularly to discuss topics of interest; share knowledge and information; and support one another in their career aspirations in public service.
ELGL is comprised of more than 350 local government professionals, in the early to middle stages of their government careers, from city managers to management analysts. Over sixty governmental entities are represented, including graduate students from Portland State University, Washington State University, and Willamette University. The overarching goal of the group is to address the issue of mentoring the next generation of local government leaders. An active listserv, monthly luncheons, and our website are some of the communication tools our network utilizes.
Here is our current advisory board. Members you can find their contact information here.
- Rafael Baptista – Graduate Student UNC Chapel Hill
- Ben Bryant – City of Tualatin
- Robyn Christie – City of Bend
- Justin Cutler – Sunset Empire Recreation District
- Randy Ealy – City of Beaverton
- Heather Gantz – Waldron HR
- Jessica Harper – City of Gresham
- Mary Beth Henry – City of Portland
- Jennifer Inman – Lane County
- Amber Mathiesen – City of Fall City
- Ben McCready – City of Rock Island, IL
- Megan Messmer – City of Florence
- Ken Ray – Metro
- Victor Sin – City of Beaverton
- Mark Stotik – Clackamas County
- Rhyan VanHorn – Trimet
- Peter Watts – Jordan Ramis
- Kent Wyatt – City of Tigard
- Kirsten Wyatt – City of West Linn
- Role Reversal: CPBB Puts ELGL Through the Lens
- ELGL’s Communication Efforts Profiled in American City/County Magazine
- How to Get an Oregon Government Job: 4 Lessons Learned
- ELGL Handout from the Early Years
- ELGL Presentation to ICMA PSU Chapter
- ELGL Becomes Contributor to PSU Center for Public Service Newsletter.
- Oregon Municipal Finance Officers Association spotlights ELGL.
- ELGL Presentation at 3CMA Conference
- ELGL Survey Summary Results
- The Growth of the ELGL Blog
- The Resume Book – 2012
- ELGL Constitution and By Laws
- Anticipated Two Year Budget
Contact Information: firstname.lastname@example.org