Each week Graham Caulfield, Expert Resume Man, will provide tips for improving your resume. Graham is an expert at helping career transitioners present themselves to their best advantage with potential employers.
5 Tips for Rethinking Your Resume
- Decide your resume’s direction to attract an interview, then customize your resume for the job description of the position you respond to.
- Not a good idea to mention negative information on your resume, stay positive and expand upon your successes.
- Ensure information on your résumé shows your value to their company; what you did somewhere else that you could now do for them.
- Remember, it’s almost always about money and what you can bring to the their organization.
- Save each résumé you send with the name of the organization to which you are applying. Makes it easier to locate on your computer when they call you.