This is the company information page for the 2019 #ELGLHaverford award.
- Website: https://govlaunch.com/
- Contact person: James Alfano
- Contact email: [email protected]
- Industry sector: Technology
- Minority/Women-Owned: No
- Does the company have an articulated equity/inclusion policy: No
- Nominated by: City of Portland, ME; Anonymous
Engagement With ELGL:
- Blogs, Webinars, Podcasts with ELGL? No
- Events, Activities with ELGL? Yes
- Links to Events:
Working with the Company:
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, in what capacity?
- James came to Charlotte’s ELGL Road Trip to talk about government innovation. He is clearly passionate about creating ways for government’s to learn from each other to improve service delivery in a cost-effective way.
- I started as the director of innovation for the City of Portland, ME, in March 2019. I was finally getting up to speed on the variety of opportunities to focus my work across the city when James from GovLaunch reached out. It was the perfect time! He filled me in about GovLaunch’s mission to provide free community platform that helps local government innovators share and discover new ways of using new technologies, modern designs and better processes to improve their communities. It was a great way for me to make sure that I’m not reinventing the wheel in Portland, and am taking advantage of the learnings, successes, and failures of my peers. I’ve frequently checked in on the GovLaunch platform and am happy to say that we’re ready to share insight into a few of our innovation projects on GovLaunch.
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- Our interaction so far has been limited to the ELGL road trip, but i scored an awesome Ron Swanson bobble head!
- GovLaunch provided increased knowledge about what’s happening in the field in a quick digestible format that I could dive into whenever was convenient for me. It’s a free service for government staff members so that’s no defined relationship or transactions that happy.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Approachable, engaged, passionate
Describe the on boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- Can’t say from experience but I believe James cares deeply to understand an organization’s issues and tailor a product/solution to meet their needs
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Free for use by governments and staff members who have signed up
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- The aforementioned Ron Swanson bobble head
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- GovLaunch has been there in a support role and to answer any questions I may have about the platform. They share updates about what other governments are working on too. It’s in a formal vendor-client relationship. They really see their role as a knowledge base and connector.