This is the company information page for the 2019 #ELGLHaverford award.
Learn more about the award program, and read about all of the honorees.
About Bang the Table
- Website: https://www.bangthetable.com
- Contact person: Meghan Ruble
- Contact email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/bang-the-table/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/BangtheTable
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/bangthetable/
- Industry sector: Engagement
- Minority/Women-Owned: Yes
- Does the company have an articulated equity/inclusion policy: No
- Nominated by: Anonymous
Engagement With ELGL:
- Blogs, Webinars, Podcasts with ELGL? Yes
- Events, Activities with ELGL? Yes
Working with the Company:
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, in what capacity?
- Facing an unprecedented homelessness crisis, we were overwhelmed by feedback and complaints coming to us through every channel imaginable. We worked with Bang the Table to create Engage Olympia, a centralized place where citizens can find the latest information, share ideas and get their questions answered.
- Since the site’s inception, we have expanded to use it for other engagement projects, from high-profile planning efforts to simple things like voting for new playground designs.
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- Engage Olympia has been a smashing success. Is has dramatically reduced the amount negative feedback surrounding homelessness that we used to receive through email and social media. It has given a single place and a single tool that all departments can use for outreach and engagement for their specific projects.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Expert, Helpful, Partners
Describe the on boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- From our initial call to having our fully functioning site launched was less than three weeks. Most of that time was waiting for our legal team to sign the contract. Truly outstanding.
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- If I remember correctly it is a flat rate per year with no limit on individual users.
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- The people at Bang the Table really go above and beyond and always work to make sure we are happy. No matter how silly the request seems (like changing a very specific font color) they make it happen. The very rare times when something doesn’t work the way we want it to, they do whatever they can to fix it. They have gone so far as to completely change the way a specific type of survey question presents results.
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- As mentioned above they have always been very responsive to anything we have asked them. Although the tool has worked almost exactly like we have wanted straight out of the box. They have thought of almost everything.
Anything else to add about the company that we haven’t already asked you?
- Bang the Table is the only company I have ever really been 100% satisfied with. They have exceeded my expectations in every way.
- Also, they really are experts in engagement. Frankly, they often times know more than we do and are always happy to answer questions (and sometimes offer advice without us asking) about how best to gather the feedback we are looking for.
- I believe they hire a lot of folks out of local governments with a lot of real world engagement experience.