This is the company information page for the 2019 #ELGLHaverford award.
- Website: OpenGov.com
- Contact person: Meredith Behm
- Contact email: [email protected]
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/opengov-inc/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/OpenGovInc
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pg/opengovinc/posts/
- Industry sector: Engagement, Finance, Data, PW
- Minority/Women-Owned: No
- Does the company have an articulated equity/inclusion policy: No
- Nominated by: City of Fate, TX and Anonymous
Engagement With ELGL:
- Blogs, Webinars, Podcasts with ELGL? Yes
- Links to Content: Diversity Dashboard
- Events, Activities with ELGL? Yes
- Links to Events: Diversity Dashboard training
Working with the Company:
Describe your work and interactions with the nominee – how have you worked with them, on what projects, in what capacity?
- The City of Fate works with the OpenGov software in developing the budget. The software is transparency enhancing!
- I’ve worked with OpenGov to implement their transparency portal for financial data, budget builder to provide transparency around building our budget, and book builder for automating the development of our budget book. I am also currently working with OpenGov on data visualizing programmatic accomplishments.
What was the product/outcome of your relationship with the company?
- A budget that our citizens could get to online with graphs and content to make it more meaningful and get at real community input.
- We’ve been able to provide financial data that is easy to understand to our public. We’ve streamlined the budget process and provided transparency around how the budgeting process occurs. Finally, we’ve reduced the number of hours spent on building out the physical budget book.
What are three words you’d use to describe the company?
- Responsive, Motivated, Purposeful
- Innovative, Enthusiastic, Nimble
Describe the on boarding process for your work with the company – either when you personally started working with them, or when your organization did. What could someone else in local government know about starting work with this company?
- I saw them host a session at a conference last year and immediately knew they were going to revolutionize local government budgeting and transparency standards.
- OpenGov was responsive to our inquiries and have consistently offered demonstrations of their different product offerings without pressure to make purchases. They do a good job of demonstrating their project and developing customized samples to ensure that the customer is actually getting what they need.
What is the company’s pricing structure? Please be as descriptive as possible.
- Negotiable. They will work with you, as big or small as you are to get a fair price.
- The pricing is fixed price per module and there are discounts available when bundling.
What’s the most interesting or fun aspect of your work with the company?
- They are a cool San Francisco Bay Area start-up!
- The OpenGov team is really hard working and stand behind their products. We were beta testing a product for them and running into issues and they sent several high level engineers to ensure everything was resolved. The humility they bring to their work is very much appreciated.
How has your relationship with the company evolved or changed over time? How has the company reacted to or addressed any changes that your organization has requested in the scope/focus of your work together?
- We have continued to partner with them and grow stronger in mutual support.
- Once we began implementing their products, OpenGov turned to us to also talk with other potential customers. As with any implementation process, we hit bumps in the road and OpenGov encouraged us to be honest and open. OpenGov is always willing to deal with the bumps in the road and help us through the issues we’ve had.
Anything else to add about the company that we haven’t already asked you?
- They are setting a new standard in budgeting!
- I’ve probably worked with 5-10 of the staff at OpenGov and met another dozen folks and everyone is so naturally curious and willing to help. It is a great company.