My favorite adventure in life was…. backing Southeast Asia as a late teen. GREAT experience and education, and I got to meet the Sultan of Brunei’s wives!
The most important decision that I’ve made in life was… Emigrating to the US from the UK. While my family misses me (maybe?), they would be devastated if I moved back as mum wouldn’t get her winter fix of Colorado sun! I would say my willy-nilly decision as a 20 year old changed the course of my family’s travel plans for the rest of their lives. Plus, I found my soul mate!
If I was booking the guests for the GovLove podcast, I would book… Adam Grant. I love his new Worklife podcast on Ted. He’s great.
If I couldn’t work in my current position, I would… be a fulltime professional taster. I’m great at it…except I’m probably not because I’m not very discriminating and generally love everything!
I made the choice to attend #ELGL18 because…. this is such a refreshing, fun and engaging organization to be part of virtually that I can only IMAGINE the fun we’ll have together in person. ELGL does things differently, and I know I’ll learn some great things this May. Plus, it’s in my backyard!
I’ll know that I made the right choice to attend #ELGL18 if… I make new Gov-friends to stay in touch with and bounce ideas off of, particularly in the area of public engagement, capital projects management and career development.
If I was writing the questions for the feature, I would have asked… what’s the most embarrassing thing that’s ever happened to you. (Probably not the most embarrassing, but I once tried to convince the command center staff at NORAD that their Zulu time clock was wrong. Turns out, I hadn’t accounted for daylight savings, but of course I had tried really hard to win the battle before I came to that realization. I’m probably not allowed back.)
- Erik Fabian, Resource X
- Susan Barkman, City of Aurora, CO
- Lukas Heaton, City of Hillsboro, OR
- Kayla Barber-Perrotta, City of Thornton, CO
- Christian Williams, City of Goodyear, AZ
- Emily Edmonds
- Enessa Janes, City of Arvada, Colorado
- Justin Cutler, City of Westminister, CO
- Jessica Prosser, City of Arvada, Colorado
- Jenna Harte-Wisniewski, Sterling Municipal Library
- Abby Fitch, City of Aurora, Colorado
- Jordan Rae Hillman, City of Jackson, Mississippi
- Joey Garcia, City of Torrance, CA
- Heather Geyer, City of Wheat Ridge, Co
- Bridget Kozlowski, City of Sterling Heights, MI
- Kristin Zagurski, Town of Castle Rock, CO
- Steven Fritz, Village of Buffalo Grove, IL
- Javon Davis, City of Kansas City, MO