ELGL engages the brightest minds in local government.
We do this by:
- Providing timely, relevant, real content
- Fostering authentic, meaningful connections
- Expecting equity and inclusion
- Encouraging joy in public service
- Welcoming new ideas and technology
ELGL is adding a new member to our Board of Directors. The board will support the work of ELGL and provide mission-based leadership and strategic governance. While day-to-day operations are led by ELGL’s executive director (ED), the board-ED relationship is a partnership, and significant involvement of at least 15 hours per week by the Board is both critical and expected.
Specific board member responsibilities include:
Leadership, governance and oversight
- Serving as a trusted advisor to the ED as s/he develops and implements ELGL’s mission and vision
- Reviewing outcomes and metrics created by ELGL for evaluating its impact, and regularly measuring its performance and effectiveness using those metrics; reviewing agenda and supporting materials prior to board and committee meetings
- Approving ELGL’s annual budget, audit reports, and material business decisions; being informed of, and meeting all, legal and fiduciary responsibilities
- Contributing to an annual performance evaluation of the ED
- Assisting the ED in identifying and recruiting other or future board members
- Partnering with the ED and other board members to ensure that board resolutions are carried out
- Serving on committees or task forces and taking on special assignments
- Representing ELGL to stakeholders and funders; acting as an ambassador for the organization
- Ensuring ELGL’s commitment to a diverse board and staff that reflects the local government community
- ELGL board members will assist with a fundraising and financial plan to ensure ELGL’s long range financial sustainability.
- Two ELGL board members (Kent Wyatt and Ben Kittelson) will serve ongoing terms.
- Three ELGL board members will serve staggered terms. Stacy Schweikhart and Dan Weinheimer are the current staggered term members.
- Board meetings will be held monthly and committee meetings will be held as needed.
- All participation will be electronic/remote unless otherwise planned and noticed.
- This is an awesome opportunity for an individual who is passionate about ELGL’s mission.
- Selected board members will have a bias for action and achievement, with a desire to make ELGL grow and thrive.
- Board members should possess a sense of humor, creativity, strong writing skills, integrity, and credibility. Working in teams is an essential component of board service.
- Please fill out this online form.
- Our current ELGL advisory board members will select the new board member no later than June 30, 2018.
ELGL Board Member.
Speaker. Author. Advisor.