ELGL’s mission is to connect, communicate and educate. And while we can promise that each #ELGL16 pop up location will communicate and educate about local government topics, geography makes it hard to truly connect with our amazingly diverse membership.
And so we’re assigning each #ELGL16 attendee to a band. Your #ELGL16 band is your chance to form connections with other ELGL members, even if they’re not attending the same pop-up location as you.
The #ELGL16 planning committee hopes that you’ll find a way to communicate with your bandmates before, during and after the conference. It’s our way to making the nationwide ELGL family a little smaller and more manageable as you continue your public service career. To quote the legendary Steven Van Zandt:
Band members have a special bond. A great band is more than just some people working together. It’s like a highly specialized army unit, or a winning sports team. A unique combination of elements that becomes stronger together than apart.
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Your #ELGL16 Bandmates:” color=”orange” border_width=”2″][vc_column_text]
- Lily Abood, Ann Friedman Fan Club
- Eric Ameigh, City of Boulder, CO – Twitter
- Chris Caravalho, City of Palo Alto, CA
- Laura Cleland, Association of Oregon Counties
- Dee Crayton, City of Charlotte 311
- Kerry Edinger, University of Oregon
- Elizabeth Gray, Catholic Charities
- Robby Hammond, City of Hillsboro, OR
- Kyra Jansen, City of Coppell, TX
- Taylor Lough, City of Richardson, TX – Twitter
- Suzanne Mason, CCSF
- Chris McKee, PSU Center for Public Service – Twitter & LinkedIn
- Laci McKinney, City of Coppell, TX – LinkedIn
- Theresa O’Donnell, City of Dallas, TX
- Jessica Prosser, City of Arvada, CO
- Anne Schmitt, SGR
- Amethyst Sloane, City of Fort Worth, TX
- Catherine Tuck-Parrish, The Novak Consulting Group
- Jen Willis, UNC/SOG
[/vc_column_text][vc_text_separator title=”Your #ELGL16 Inspiration:” color=”orange” border_width=”2″][vc_video link=”https://youtu.be/Rciee-oQLoI”][/vc_column][/vc_row]
I’m the co-founder and executive director of ELGL. I love my job. Other things I love: local government, my family, my dog Michael Jordan, sandwiches, naps, books, and skee-ball.