If you get a call from a local reporter about your organization’s participation in #CityHallSelfie day, you can refer to the full media kit, or use these quick talking points about the big day:
- Local government professionals and elected officials from around the globe participate in #CityHallSelfie day.
- The day is organized by ELGL, a big tent local government professional association that connects, communicates, and educates about local government public service.
- In 2017, ELGL and Bang the Table are partnering on an awards program for the best #CityHallSelfies in 20 categories.
- This year, we’ve added a Member’s Choice Award. ELGL members will nominate and vote for the best overall selfie. You can learn more about membership here.
- #CityHallSelfie day is a chance to show pride in local government service and facilities.
- On this day, people take self portraits in front of local government buildings and share them on social media.
- Local governments, municipal associations, and local gov employees are busily promoting this special day to employees and community members.
- August 15, 2017
- In front of any city, county, special district, regional, etc. building.
- #CityHallSelfie day is a chance to celebrate local government service and the important work happening at the local level, and to showcase local government facilities.
- Individuals and groups take “selfies” (self portraits) in front of local government buildings and use the hashtag #CityHallSelfie to compile the photos on Twitter.
- ELGL also compiles the pictures on its Facebook page, on a map, and oversees the award program.