Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
City of Hillsboro, OR
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
The biggest project facing me at work is creating a series of maps explaining the state of poverty and condition of regulated affordable housing in the City of Hillsboro, Oregon. The Housing Affordable Team, an interdepartmental task force working to develop an affordable housing strategy, will be presenting this information to City Council over several work sessions.
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
I prefer the middle seat, because it means I get to sit closer to the front of the plane. I like to make a quick exit.
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
Resilient people building resilient places.
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
According to a local I know, there is no book or article that can do Detroit justice.
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
My state representative, Susan McLain. She was my Speech & Debate coach throughout high school and taught me everything I know about speaking and thoughtfully listening to another person with opposing views.
What question(s) should we have asked?
Which tour/speaker are you most excited about going on/seeing?
- Mitch Foster, Village of Winneconne, WI
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC
- Cindy Plante, City of Evanston, IL
- Elizabeth King, City of Oak Park, MI
- Susan Barkman, University of Colorado
- Samantha Harkins, Munetrix
- Ryan Piche, City of Caro, MI
- Elizabeth Vogel, Clinton Township, MI
- Joshua Schoemann, Washington County, WI
- Josh Dukelow, Host of “Fresh Take”
- Carly Lorentz, City of Wheat Ridge, CO
- Maria Ryan, City of Vancouver, WA
- Roy Atkinson, City of Altoona, WI