Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
Project Manager – Innovation Team, City of Peoria, IL
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
The Innovation Team works on one large priority at a time. We are currently wrapping up our contextual research around neighborhood scale economic development and transitioning into the ideation phase for the development of new programs and policies. This is a big leap and one we are excited to make!
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
Aisle all the way and as close to the wings as possible.
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
A city focused on making a comeback and isn’t just turning to an old playbook on revitalization but is willing to try new approaches.
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
Not a book or article, but just watched Anthony Bourdain’s parts unknown about Detroit and it was pretty interesting! Detroit Disassembled was also a fascinating glimpse into the current state of the city.
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
P-Funk (homage to a signature drink at a local establishment that had to close due to back taxes)
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
Peoria’s Mayor Jim Ardis
What question(s) should we have asked?
iPhone or Android
- What is an Assistant To: Kate Green, Peoria, IL
- When There is No Silver Bullet…
- Mayor Ardis Announces Innovation Team’s Portfolio of Initiatives
- Peoria’s Innovation Team knows it must resolve city’s $200 million stormwater problem
- Mitch Foster, Village of Winneconne, WI
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC
- Cindy Plante, City of Evanston, IL
- Elizabeth King, City of Oak Park, MI
- Susan Barkman, University of Colorado
- Samantha Harkins, Munetrix
- Ryan Piche, City of Caro, MI
- Elizabeth Vogel, Clinton Township, MI
- Joshua Schoemann, Washington County, WI
- Josh Dukelow, Host of “Fresh Take”
- Carly Lorentz, City of Wheat Ridge, CO
- Maria Ryan, City of Vancouver, WA
- Roy Atkinson, City of Altoona, WI
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.