Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
Management Analyst Fellow – City of Altoona, WI
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
Currently, I am working on an ordinance allowing dogs in parks, a year in review video for our State of the City address (learning software as I go), and working on a couple grants.
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
It’s no contest, window seat. I love being able to stare off into the clouds.
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
I actually lived in Detroit for a year. I lived off of the Chrysler Service Drive, in between Warren and Mack Avenue’s. It was an interesting time. I moved down to attend law school at UDM and then when I decided not to attend I just lived down there. I ultimately found my way and started pursuing my MPA at Central Michigan. So I think a lot about my year living there. I also think of the countless trips I took with friends and family to see concerts and watch sporting events. Even after I moved back home, my girlfriend and I would take monthly trips through the city to our favorite spots. Detroit is the best. So much history and adversity.
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
Detroit: An American Autopsy by Charlie LeDuff. It is an awesome book.
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
Roy Atkinson and the Management Analysts
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
I just had to look through my phone. I have numbers and emails in my phone from eons ago. My most famous contact is probably US Senator Angus King. I worked on his Senate campaign a number of years ago.
What question(s) should we have asked?
- Mitch Foster, Village of Winneconne, WI
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC
- Cindy Plante, City of Evanston, IL
- Elizabeth King, City of Oak Park, MI
- Susan Barkman, University of Colorado
- Samantha Harkins, Munetrix
- Ryan Piche, City of Caro, MI
- Elizabeth Vogel, Clinton Township, MI
- Joshua Schoemann, Washington County, WI
- Josh Dukelow, Host of “Fresh Take”
- Carly Lorentz, City of Wheat Ridge, CO
- Maria Ryan, City of Vancouver, WA