Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
City Manager – City of Caro, MI
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
Finding Caro’s identity as a post auto-manufacturing community
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
Always window – But I’ll be taking M24 to #ELGL17
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
MPA Case Studies, revitalization, Eminem
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
Does a podcast count? Axe Files w/ David Maraniss (didn’t read the book)
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
Ryan Piche and the E. Street Band feat. Duke Silver
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
Andrew Lunetta (He isn’t famous yet, but he should be! www.atinyhomeforgood.org)
What question(s) should we have asked?
What are the advantages of starting in a small community?
There are many, but we always seem to focus on the “management analyst” and “assistant to” roles; starting as an actual manager in a very small community is a great way to jumpstart your career! (If you can handle living in a small town, that is!)
- Samantha Harkins joins Munetrix
- Merging fire services is tricky business
- 30 Districts Receive Perfect Munetrix Fiscal Indicator Score
- Mitch Foster, Village of Winneconne, WI
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
- Shanna Draheim, Michigan Municipal League
- Ashley Jacobs, Aiken County, SC
- Cindy Plante, City of Evanston, IL
- Elizabeth King, City of Oak Park, MI
- Susan Barkman, University of Colorado
- Samantha Harkins, Munetrix