Meet #ELGL17 attendees.
Policy Development Director – Michigan Municipal League
Before you leave for #ELGL17, what’s the biggest project facing you at work?
Looking at evolving governance models in the 21st century – how are city leaders utilizing and planning for an autonomous future, using data to drive decisions and employing technology and other tools to forge greater community engagement
Window, middle, or aisle – which is your preferred seat on an airplane?
When I think of Detroit, I think about…
Rebirth, authentic spaces, favorite spot – Eastern Market
What’s the best article or book that you’ve read about Detroit?
Too many – but a somewhat recent favorite is: MLS wants a Detroit expansion team, but Detroit City FC fans want them to get lost. Because I kind of love the crazy soccer community and the whole Detroit FC is such a great grass roots, unpolished thing.
Detroit is the home of ‘Motown’. If you started a Motown group, what would you name it?
I completely lack creativity for things like this…guess it’s good I’m not in the entertainment industry!
Who is the most famous person in your cell phone contacts?
Gubernatorial candidate Gretchen Whitmer
- Dan Ralley, Upper Arlington, Ohio
- John Lisle, DC Water
- Chanelle Pough, Bal Harbour Village, FL
- Aaron Stahly, Fort Lauderdale, FL
- Kevin Knutson, Management Partners
- Nick Smith, City of Gaithersburg, MD
- Doug Shumway, BoardSync
- Lynn Tetley, City of Wyoming, OH
- Angelica Wedell, NRC, Inc.
- Sam Taylor, City of Coeur d’Alene, ID
- N. Zach Ratkai, City of Richland, WA
- Daniel Bourdeau, City of Westland, MI
- Aidan Nevin, Department of Better Technology
- Kristin Youngmeyer, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Ed Krafcik, Soofa
- Alberto Garcia, Westminster (CO) City Councilor
- Laura Hardwicke, Metropolitan Government of Nashville and Davidson County
- Tom Carroll, Village of Silverton, OH
- Daryl Delabbio, Kent County, MI
- Aly Van Dyke, City of Topeka/City of Austin
ELGL C0-Founder. Interim Communications Manager for the City of Tigard, Oregon.